Last revised on: 12 July 2016
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We draw your attention in particular to “International Data Transfer” and “Email Communications”. By visiting www.kindlink.com and charity.kindlink.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is KindLink Limited (“Kindlink”, “us” or “we”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09867441 and have our registered office at 409 Chalmers house, York Road, London, SW11 3QT.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) This includes information provided when you report a problem with our Site, information you provide when you register to use our Site [as well as other user generated content, such as information provided when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site] and other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Feedback. If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal data. We may publish user feedback from time to time. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and will treat the personal data in it in accordance with this Policy, provided that we may contact you in regards to such feedback.
Our Relationship with Social Networking Sites. The Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each an “SNS”). We work with the SNS’s application protocol interface in a way that allows you to authorise us to access your account on that SNS on your behalf. In order to provide this authorisation, you do not provide us with your user name or password to the SNS, but you will need to log-in to that SNS directly. Once authorised by you, the SNS provides us a token that allows the SNS to recognise us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information. You can revoke our access to any SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who need it to do work for us.
- We may share aggregated and/or anonymised data with others for their own uses.
- We may share information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may share some or all of your personal data with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (“Affiliates”), if we have such Affiliates in the future, in which case we will require our Affiliates to honour this Policy.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Email communications. With your consent, we may send you marketing emails and newsletters. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
Request Your Information. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right in accordance with the Act, please contact use at . You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content, or websites. If you disclose information to others, or authorise us to do the same under this Policy, the use and disclosure restrictions contained in this Policy will not apply to any third party. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
KindLink is not directed to children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at . We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.